Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Re-thinking the system

My idea with SETs is to couple them to the appropriate speakers to maintain a flat linear response by using the proper drivers, impedence compensation networks and electronic crossovers. The horn also must not add any coloration. I find the round thick wooden tractrix profile horns have little to no low coloration, plus they don't through the waves all over the room like domes, cones, ribbons, and planars. I use TAD drivers, the compression drivers alone are $1650.00 each. The woofers are $685.00 each and the subwoofers in wich I use 8 of them are $450.00 each. The large wooden tractrix horns used with the "tweeters" cover a range from 300 cycles up without an additional crossover. They have an efficency over 115 db with one watt and the drivers are used in what is considered by some to be "the best" studio monitors ever made. The ability to unravel the smallest to the most complex recording accuretly is the TAD's Forte'.

I have owned Dunlavy's, Von Schweikerts, Infinity, Genesis, InnerSounds, Magnepans, Apogees, B&W, Dahlquists, Spica's, Soundlabs, ect.... as well as "high-end" amps to drive them with. None of them can match my horns and SETS as far as telling the TRVTH. These ain't your typical Madisound boxes, I can tell ya that. SACD sounds fantastic, but as I said before I think it can get better based on what I'm getting off of LP's.

Mike

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.