Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: cracking ice

Maybe for you and others that may be true - but to me room damping has little to do with equipment choice.

My analog front end sound great within the same room, using the same damping as my digital plus the 777 in sacd mode(borrowed) was also excellent, displaying great focus.

The same room!!!

Rick, my room damping was done to tame reflections of walls that potentially "smear" the image, including phasing errors of allowing reflected sound to "invade" the soundstage while helping to keep the sound in focus even during loud dynamic peaks.

My damping had nothing to do with source problems or inherited tonal problems of other equipment.

I should point out that my room was set up using analog and digital - and getting better analog equipment or digital equipment did not change the rooms nature!

I can only understand that by having terribly bright or boomy equipment would damping need be removed or added, but in that regard the room is still not at fault.

TBone

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: cracking ice - TBone 12:20:41 11/28/00 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.