Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

What...

>>T-Bone writes . . .<<
>>Generally, most people achieve some mix of dealing with actual acoustic issues in the room, and "tuning" the balance of their system, in my experience. Mine is actually a mix of colors . . . is this a problem?<<

Pardon Me ... why did you proceed in mis-quoting me. You link your statements as my own - then you answer yourself!!!

My only TRUE quote was:
>>If his original source component was terribly bright or bass heavy then room damping was not the proper fix in the first place!"<<

Your reply:
>>Actually, we would all probably do a lot less tuning and tweaking if we had usable tone controls.<<

Tone controls do only one thing, they amplify or attenuate frequency sections - they DO NOT damp or control room resonances.

Room acoustics should have nothing to do with your equipments inherited problems. In other words - if a Concert Hall has bad acoustics do you tell the Band to lighten the bass or lower the guitar volume in order to achieve the correct tonal balance OR with do you fix the Hall for proper acoustic portrayal.

Certainly - I would prefer to fix the Hall(Room) - instead of playing with tone controls or changing source equipment to suit my rooms poor acoustic characteristics.

Whats more laughable is the notion that after 600hrs of 777's break-in suddenly the room display even better acoustic qualities.

Are you kiddin me!!!

>>I was referring to a phenomena where, whatever the content of the original post, some respondents manage to twist it around to continue to assert positions clearly articulated by them elsewhere (e.g. the whole, 777 sucks as a CD player {my hyperbolic illustration}<<

I have stated many times - I liked the 777 player - but I am against such propoganda that claims the 777 as a GREAT CD 'giant killer' and a sudden fix for room induced distortions (amounst other insitefull but ludicrous happenings).

My agenda is based on reality, not the "hyperbolic illustration" put forward by many sacd 777 advocates!

TBone

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • What... - TBone 07:58:45 11/28/00 (2)

You can not post to an archived thread.