Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Mick , I must correct you . The Elvis DVD-A sold about 15,000 copies in the first 3 weeks....

following its December 10 , 2002 release .

BMG was pleased with the sales figures . I posted this information in Hi-Rez Highway on January 12 , 2003 when I referred to the " BMG Shakin' With DVD-Audio Format " story posted at hollywoodreporter.com .

The story contains " Following its market trial of Elvis Presley's Elvis 30 #1 Hits in DVD-Audio , BMG has announced its support for the format " and continues on with " BMG is planning to release 12 or more DVD-A titles this year and ramp up production after that " .

The full story is still available . Search for my post which contains the very specific web address for the story .

If the Elvis DVD-A sold very poorly , as you claim , I doubt that BMG would have made the positive statements about DVD-A that I have noted back in January 2003 , and again today .

BTW , are you able to point out any single layer SACD title that has sold as many as 15,000 copies in its first 3 weeks of release ?

I suspect that most labels , especially those releasing single layer SACDs , wish that their SACDs sold as " poorly " as the Elvis DVD-A .

Sincerely ,

ZS KEKL

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.