Headphone Heights

RE: Looking for a good headphone amp

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Headphone Heights ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

I have submitted for review (not on the website yet) a tube headphone amp/Integrated amp / Power amp.

It uses EL84 output tubes for 12 watts as an integrated. It is valve rectified

The tube output is a dedicated winding (not a cheap IC chip like most others) and it has three impedance settings depending on the headphone you use.

It has three inputs and a prein so it can be used as a power amp.

It is autobias so not voltmeters required.

I have had my HD600s for 17 years and I have had a few headphone amps over the years and tried several others and this is the first time I feel I've heard my HD600s sound like I always hoped they would sound when I bought them.

As an integrated amplifier it is superb as well.

$800US - the downside is that it is only available as an online order shipped from Hong Kong. So on the one hand you might have issue buying online - but on the other hand you are not paying triple for Importer and dealer mark-ups.

It's a pretty small amplifier but weighs in at 24lbs.

Unlike most of these tube headphone amps like the Line Magnetic 218Mini this amplifier sounds far ballsier and extended and open (perhaps being valve rectified and using a beefier output transformer).

I can't give everything away from my review - but it is coming.

King has a long history in computers and repairing and selling audio gear from the likes of ATC, Rogue Audio, Line Magnetic, Melody Valve Audio, Zu Audio.

Edits: 06/08/17

Follow Ups: