Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

A superb headphone amp you can't buy in the US (Maybe)

For some reason, Sugden appears to have pulled out of the US, or at least I couldn't find any real US-located dealers. I recently listened to the Sugden Masterclass HA-4 Headphone Amplifier with HE1000 headphones. I can't say I have ever heard a better combination on everything I played, and this is coming from an SET devotee. I am also not a bass lover; however, i listened to some Bach organ music (played on a huge organ) and I could almost count the cycles of the lowest notes. They were crisp, clear, alive and accurate. This was true up and down the tonal scale.

The same praise also goes for their Masterclass and Sapphire amplifiers. It's a whole new sound, compared to the old A21, far more accurate, detailed and dynamic, but not at all fatiguing.

I hope I am wrong about the their US presence for those of you who do not have dealers in your territory, but have some spare change. This stuff is expensive by my standards.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - A superb headphone amp you can't buy in the US (Maybe) - Frihed89 00:25:52 11/11/16 (3)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.