Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: Here's a great review...

I have the Stax SR-009 and the Ray Samuels A10 Thunderbolt preamp/electrostatic headphone amp. Unfortunately Tyll, didn't roll tubes in the A10. With the right tubes, the A10 is a great amp for the
SR-009. The A10 is also the best tube preamp that I've ever owned and I've had a few really good ones including the CAT SL1 Ultimate, Audible Illusions Modulus 3A and a Conrad Johnson PV11.

I also owned 2 planar headphones, the HiFiMan HE6 and the Audeze LCD X, and 3 dynamics, the Sennheiser HD800 hardwired with 18 gauge Zeus OCC copper cable, a highly modified Denon D7000 (Lawton Audio LA-7000) and a highly modified AKG K340. My amp for all of my non-electrostatic headphones is my Audio GD Master 9 solid state balanced amp that outputs 9 watts into 40 ohms. I like my SR009 the best but all of them are really great headphones and I can see how others may disagree based on personal preferences. As much as I like headphones though, I always prefer either of my speaker systems to any of my headphones. I turn to my headphones only for private listening due to me not wanting to disturb family members.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Here's a great review... - SteveM324 15:04:25 05/31/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.