Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: Anyone tried using the Tascam DA-3000 as a headphone amp?

Coincidentally enough, just received my 3000 about three weeks ago. Upgraded from a DR22 portable unit, which replaced my Sony W300.

Although I'm still working out the kinks, and learning to use the thing, I'm awfully pleased all around. The recordings (using 24/192 mostly, due to file sizes getting too huge) are spectacular. I monitor using my new HiFiMan 560s, and have to say I've not heard better sound. But the entire system is sounding pretty great all around. I've not got it to output to the headphone jack unless recording (which I'm doing constantly as I upgrade my vinyl rips from 16/44 to 24/192), and I'm still planning on using it as my system DAC as well. But that's down the road. It cost quite a bit, but hopefully will solve my recording, headphone amp and DAC issues for a LONG time to come.

Took the wife away last weekend, so that was a setback, but hope to spend more time next weekend with my new baby.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.