Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

Bose Quiet Comfort 15 headphones

I borrowed a pair of these for an upcoming airplane trip, since they seem to be universally reviewed as the best for noise cancelling (other than IEM's, which I find excruciatingly uncomfortable).

I spent a lot of time listening to music with these phones in a room yesterday with a VERY noisy Window air conditioner. Putting on the headphones reduced the air conditioner to a whisper. They were not bad for music. They did have a noticeable midbass emphasis, and they sounded congested in loud orchestral music (e.g., Respighi Pines of Rome). Compared to my regular headphones (AKG K701), they are less comfortable (smaller earpads with leather or vinyl covers, compared to foam on the AKG) but probably wearable for plane trips. They provide plenty of volume from an iPhone (but not that much, I understand, from an iPad).

So in summary, I find them to be good for noise-cancelling but not as good for sound quality as other headphones that also sell for $300. For my single trip, though, the price (free) is right!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Bose Quiet Comfort 15 headphones - pbarach 13:15:55 07/05/12 (7)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.