Headphone Heights

RE: Hi-End Headphone Cables

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Headphone Heights ]

'); } else { document.writeln(' '); } } else { document.writeln(' '); } } else { document.writeln(' '); } } // End -->
As a Cable Guy, I'm curious what headphone fans are willing to spend towards the cost of high-performance aftermarket cabling for their cans.

Stories and insights, including particular make/model headphones mated with specific cables, and the reasons why you enjoy the headphone experience better via audiophile-quality cables would be nice to read.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just spent $150 for some aftermarket cables for my Audeze LCDi4's.

The Audeze planars come with braided silver, which sounds great but has a slight "V" shape to the sound. I like variety and of course being curious I wanted to hear the sound of some good copper wires. A buddy of mine just sent me some ONSO cables from Japan. Not very expensive but the wire and quality got my attention, plus they come at very high recommendation. Compared to the stock Audeze cable the ONSO cable sounds way more even handed, nothing is exaggerated no more "V" as the vocals took one step forward. So far so good.

Still looking to make a set using Duelund wire...however the Duelund is not flexible so I'm kinda on the fence.

Dynobots Audio - Music is the Bridge Between Heaven and Earth

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Headphone Heights ]
[ Comment ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ] [ Copyright Warning! Click for Details ]