Headphone Heights

RE: Sound coming from the front with HPs.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Headphone Heights ]

Yes this picture is of the Phonitor that I have (my one is in silver finish).

I am not aware of any current HP amps that have a crossfeed circuit at a lower price. Even at a similar or higher price I am also not aware of any that offer the degree of user adjustability that the SPL Phonitor has. In fact the Phonitor offers great value for money ( probably because it comes from a studio and not audiophile background). It is also also the best solid state preamp you will ever hear, so long as the features count is acceptable.

In the past HeadRoom used to produce their own headphone amps and all had a crossfeed circuit, even the cheapest. But they have now withdrawn from doing this. Maybe you could find a used model?

Incidentally the Phonitor's crossfeed circuit is quite subtle in use. As the instruction book says it is not there to be used for "effects". It does, however, reduce the bass response a little when in use as it is supposed to emulate a pair of nearfield monitors i.e. small speakers. That is a downside for general listening so I tend to leave it switched out for quite a lot of recordings.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Headphone Heights ]
[ Comment ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ] [ Copyright Warning! Click for Details ]