Headphone Heights

And I did not find the HD800 overly *bright* at all when partnered with my amp

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Headphone Heights ]

With the help of the slightly distant sonic perspective provided by the excellent DNA Sonett (now discontinued), the HD-800s sounded smooth and well balanced through the lower treble.

The HD-800s are definitely not the most forgiving of headphones and perhaps they are a little too unforgiving in light of the fact that most of us who assemble headphone systems are doing so with certain budget constraints in mind.

Sennheiser could have put a warning sticker on every box that reads "Spend at least as much on amplification and source component(s) as you did on these headphones", but they probably would not sell as many pairs of flagship headphones that way...

Then there is that other insidious problem to consider, and that is that some of us really and truly don't hear the same way that some (or even most) other people do. If one man's treat is another man's poison, what can you say?

Edits: 03/25/16

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Headphone Heights ]
[ Comment ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ] [ Copyright Warning! Click for Details ]