Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Oh, I think that the repeated phrase "OCD fanboy" is denigrating.

I believe I said it once and I did not name any names. It is also much more specific so it makes my position more clear. If anyone actually took offense to it then maybe it hit too close to home. Sometimes nothing is more offensive than criticism that is spot on. By the way, OCD is an actual diagnosable mental condition. I have a very close friend who has dealt with it for years. He is not ashamed of it and is quite open about the condition and it's manifestations. It's not a derogatory term. Fanboy? Seriously? I often refer to myself as a fanboy of numerous interests. Should I be offended by me? The only "derogatory" term I used was "idiots." Again, it's an observation. Should I have been more verbose and less politically incorrect and refered to them as "mentally challenged" or "persons of bellow average intelligence"? Are you genuinely concerned that I may have hurt the feelings of members of the Steve Hoffman Forums by not using more sensitive terminology?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.