Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: It Varies, Actually

Hi,

I wouldn't call it that much of a stretch -- it *could* happen -- but some logistical things can make it difficult. So unless the manufacturer really controls the flow of the gear and purposely delays pieces to account for different publishing schedules, it's unlikely.

For example, just by the nature of it, print is going to be the last to get something out review-wise -- they have to write the review, create the issue, send it to print, distribute it, etc. This is why print magazines are so behind these days -- unless they can get a piece of gear way up front from anyone else. It takes months to produce a final product for the readers.

On the other hand, the YouTubers can usually whip something out in no time at all -- they could have a review in days if not hours if someone really wanted to. Online magazines can produce very quickly too. What can sometimes hold us back, however, are the measurements, which we do in batches. Gathering the gear, shipping, getting it measured -- that can all add weeks. But, depending, we can sometimes work around that.

So there are all those considerations, too.

Doug Schneider
www.SoundStage.com

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: It Varies, Actually - Doug Schneider 18:48:55 11/13/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.