Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Hmmm.

Tough crowd. I am a contributing editor with Stereophile and not an employee. I come to this forum as an individual, not a representative, but I do try to help as far as I am able.

The initial issue was why AVA stuff has not been reviewed recently and I do not know why. Next, someone posited "Because they're not sold in stores?" and I do know that is not the reason. I (and others) have reviewed products that are sold directly, so I said that it is not current policy to generically exclude them.

I think the tone changed with the next question, to which I replied "Ask the Editor."

I am not an official spokesman for the magazine and I am cautious about making unauthorized statements of policy. It is, also, not my job to research information for anyone who asks. My position is that if one wants an "official" statement, one should ask the Editor (who makes the decisions). There is a website for that.

This is not an apology but I am sorry this thread has gone off the rail because the OP asked a valid question.

Edits: 10/14/20 10/14/20

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Hmmm. - Kal Rubinson 14:28:23 10/14/20 (1)
    • RE: Hmmm. - rivervalley817 14:51:33 10/14/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.