Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Many Will - and Easily

Running SoundStage! and actually traveling in the UK the moment that the S&*t really hit the fan with COVID-19, I've been immersed in this for months and have strong opinions. In a nutshell...

Good companies will make it through this easily. By good, I mean well-run companies with a good dealer base and/or online presences that sell well-made products that can justify their prices. Great companies are those same companies, they just do all or some of that better. In fact, many of these companies are, right now and for the past few months, doing as good or even better than ever.

What will hurt are brick-and-mortar hi-fi dealers with poor online presences and "questionable" manufacturers -- companies that are running on a shoestring as is, are selling products that aren't competitive, etc. They'll be weeded out, no question. Many hi-fi shows will go by the wayside, not just because they can't put them on right now, but because they're so financially hurting they won't be able to put them on in the future.

On the whole, though, hi-fi will live and even thrive after COVID-19 settles down more.

Doug Schneider
www.SoundStage.com

Edits: 08/02/20

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.