Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Magico M2

Hi,
When I read John Atkinson's review I learned something new I never read in any book before. It was from Magico's Alon Wolf. He stated in simple terms why a sealed speaker system out performs a bass reflex system. One thing he mentioned was the extra (oomph) at 60 hz in a bass reflex speaker enclosure.
Great job JA! In your interview you dug out much more info than writing down adjectives that a dummy like me has to look up in a dictionary.
But, on JA's measurements there is a bump at about 60 hz in the measured frequency response. There was an explanation by John Atkinson but I didn't fully understand it. I think it had to do with the enormous weight of the speakers and where the testing was being done. I know John has tested audio heavy weights before so is this bump a regular thing with other back busters?
Thanks for any info and as God and my first grade teacher Mrs. Quinn as my witnesses I made at least 5 indented paragraphs.If this question comes out in one big one I'm sorry. It's not my doing.
The last Feb. Stereophile was packed with great articles by all writers and to me was an important learning tool issue for me....
Sincerely, Mark Korda.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Topic - Magico M2 - mark.korda@myfairpoint.net 08:49:23 01/10/20 (35)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.