Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Finally someone wants to try and verify some of the numbers, many of the manufacturers are quoting...

Yeah I guess I see what you mean. If he is going to pick on a company for that, he needs to tell a little about what he did to try and make sure it wasn't just something peculiar to his setup, ie whether he fiddled around to see if it wasn't just how he had his cables or where he arranged the equipment etc. It's hard to say what happened for sure. Not enough detail given. Maybe some words about whether the SINAD test is noise or distortion limited and how much margin there is from whichever of the two is the dominant effect in each case.

I doubt many would find -90dB 2nd bothersome if they even heard it at all. Though it is very interesting and makes me wonder how they did it. Is it in analog or in software?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Finally someone wants to try and verify some of the numbers, many of the manufacturers are quoting... - Ugly 11:58:34 10/26/19 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.