Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

And I think you are off base (and perhaps uninformed)

Stereophile's sub-site dedicated to Computer Audio, Michael Lavorgna's "Audiostream," has given extensive coverage both to Ayre's products and to Charles Hansen, culminating just about a year ago in a video interview.

Furthermore, many people feel uncomfortable hearing about themselves what sounds like tactical praise or an early funeral oration. I usually deflect praise by saying, "Praise no warrior until his ship has been burned."

I would feel very weirded out if a whole bunch of AA Inmates began bombarding me with emails about how wonderful I am or making posts about how wonderful I am.

Now, of course, within a family or a close friendship, things are different. Of course one praises one's spouse and kids, the more frequently the better. But at the end of the day, Mr. Hansen and Mr. Atkinson were "business friends." Both would have had very valid reasons to keep a critical amount of critical distance in their relationship.

So your criticism of JA in this respect just won't wash with me.

john marks

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.