Critic's Corner

Dunno. I haven't read Ludwig's views regarding the formats you mentioned.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Critic's Corner ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

Hopefully you aren't insinuating Ludwig gets kickbacks or has tin ears. AFAIK if he's very wealthy its due to artists/producers feeling the quality of his mastering is worth whatever he charges. I'd be interested to know what other excellent mastering engineers like Greg Calbi, Doug Sax, Greg Calbi think about MQA.

I don't like the proprietary aspects of MQA, wouldn't even consider replacing software I already own with new MQA versions, and its highly unlikely I'd buy new hardware necessary for playback of MQA. I'm a semi-geezer and have over 2,000 LP's (after several culls) and somewhere around 600 cd's. I'm not even into downloading, and at this point only purchase new recordings I feel have something different/unique to say or old ones I enjoy that for whatever reason I didn't get when they were released. I'm skeptical about MQA.

But none of the above would prevent me from listening to MQA with open ears/mind.

Follow Ups: