Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Can the Audio Research VTM150 story finally be told?

John-like many others I'm sure, I feel that your regular participation in this forum "makes" the forum. But I suspect the story I seek is one I would only hear from a select handful of industry insiders in private or over a pint or three. The topic of negative reviews and advertising is so well-worn as to be tiresome. But as an avid reader of your magazine since the Larry Archibald days, I recall this incident as being relatively epic despite the various mistakes that you have [duly] corrected. We all know that outside of your measurements of digital and tubed pieces, most reviews are positive or glowing for multiple well-grounded reasons. In the context of the rare negative subjective listening impression, It is one thing to provide a negative review of a relatively unknown manufacturer's product that is not advertised and another to be critical of a product from arguably the world's most vaunted manufacturer that has regularly advertised. I have zero doubt there is a lot more to this story that would be interesting to us peons

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Can the Audio Research VTM150 story finally be told? - FSonicSmith 08:35:46 06/18/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.