Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: "A few thousand titles is not much to choose from

and no reason to accept a new format no matter how many audiophiles tout its superiority."

A few thousand titles is more than enough for me to 'accept a new format' if it's a few thousand titles I have an interest in hearing. Both DVD-A and SACD are now an available format on most decent sounding silver disk spinners, so what's the gripe? If you don't like the format, don't buy it.

Likely have a few thousand LPs and a few thousand CDs but not more than 100 or so SACDs and maybe 15-20 DVD-A, so a few thousand new titles in a new format is fine for me IF I AM INTERESTED IN THE MUSIC.

And it's fine with me if I'm not.

I have no intention of buying an MQA enabled DAC, or even one which is DSD capable. I'm happy with my two Audio-GD PCM1704 based multibit DACs.

But just because I'm an old stick-in-the-mud listening to ancient technology doesn't mean others can't or shouldn't enjoy new formats.

Other than an odd DG or DECCA release, most of the music I listen to is NOT from main-stream labels anyway.

I have no idea how NAXOS or BIS or Chandos or Channel Classics stays in business, but somehow they do.

That said, if Beyoncé wants to release her latest recording on SACD, I think that's great. But I won't be buying it or downloading the DSD file.

First they came for the dumb-asses
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a dumb-ass

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.