Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

A CHORD DAC Review, or more MQA PR?

John Atkinson reviews the Chord DAVE (it's already online) and faults it for not offering MQA.

Chord's approach is incompatible with MQA.

This exposes the evil of MQA. If MQA becomes a standard, other approaches are cut off, including those that can improve the sound of the redbook CDs and high rez files a person already owns.

Nice try, Chord. But you can't include MQA. (The Byrston BDA-3 was given the same finger wag...nearly 9 months ago, that reviewer was "disappointed" that Bryston did not buy in to MQA..what a farce..)

Is Chord supposed to toss aside more than two decades of their own digital development and pay royalties to Bob Stuart?

From what I hear --DIRECTLY--, based on a recent trip to Europe, manufacturers are seething over Stereophile's shilling for MQA. That includes several noteworthy British manufacturers.

Why is MQA mentioned no less than half a dozen times in a review of a DAC that will decode 99.999999999% of all digital music out there?

Edits: 05/22/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - A CHORD DAC Review, or more MQA PR? - Isaak J. Garvey 18:47:03 05/22/17 (22)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.