Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Yet another failure to understand what you read

and the technology.

And it wasn't Sanders that said "response varies drastically", my other link did !!

Fair enough. Let's look at the entirety of the assumptions made and the conclusions.

the frequency response varies drastically across the record, with much better response on the outer diameter (the start of the recording) than on the inner diameter (end of the recording)

That doesn't occur with linear arms and the amount necessarily varies depending upon the arm length and design. What is the assumed length?

Obviously, one will never know. Uninformed speculation applied to all designs by Norbert Schuch who is not a recording industry professional. Fail.

A couple of other things worth noting: if you have a stylus with a finer tip, you will get lower distortion at the expense of much higher pressure between the stylus and the record;

Now, we find that he assumes we're using a crude stylus shape. It's really easy to burn Straw Men, isn't it?

Chat rooms are loaded with opinions *right in line* with mine and Sanders.

I am in no way challenging your inability to hear what others do. :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.