Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: What's most striking to me ...

>>Congratulations. Your first hedge against MQA. Clap clap clap....<<

What cynical bullshit. This has been my position for months at least, possibly a year. People are arguing that the tech is invalid; my research says it's valid enough to deserve an audition. MQA has put out far more info than most proprietary technologies; I make my judgment based on that (which many critics obviously haven't read). It's not enough to absolutely validate the technology, but to me it seems interesting--legit. Ultimately it comes down to how it sounds: The tech is interesting enough to earn an audition. So far I like what I hear, very much. That's my position, unchanged.

As for the rest: EMI/RFI is the best explanation I've seen for what power cords do, but its effects on audio--via power cords--is unproven. And that's fine; as I've said, this is a subjectivist business. MF OUGHT to be describing what he hears. That's his job. Mine, too. The problems come 1. when subjectivists become objectivists when it suits their needs, and 2. when people who don't understand the technology proclaim that it's bullshit.

Edits: 04/09/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.