Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Corrections

Clearly you did not read my last post, please go back and re-read.

Here are the problem areas in your post:

The manufacturers don't say 'analog' - you do.

Right- that's called 'marketing'. Class D is analog. The giveaway in the quotes I lifted from their websites (again, in an apparently vain attempt to preempt this missive) is the acronym 'PWM', which I already previously explained. Google is your friend- look it up.

You don't make switching amps, never have.

Yup- but I did say we've been researching it for several years and to elucidate, that means we've built prototypes.

There's nothing wrong with switching amps. Only in your head. And they are discrete output (not continuous), hence digital by definition. In the units I mention, the pulse-widths are digital, unlike all other (analog) switchers.

There is a lot wrong with your understanding of how this all works. Again I recommend you try and build a class D amp- its not that hard and apparently will be educational. See the link below.

I outlined the technical difficulties that switching amps face. Please go back and re-read. Its in a nutshell for sure, but that does not change the fact that switchers have their own set of problems- every technology does.

As to attracting attention to this- that's a good thing so we both agree on that.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.