Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: JA, I hope you plan on reviewing Schiit Freya, and Vidar very soon.

Quote by Jason Stoddard of Schiit.
"address the elephant in the room. This one's for audio companies. Hello. The reason you're not seeing sales to younger people is simple: your stuff is too bloody expensive. Period, full stop. The world doesn't need another $1500 DAC/amp. It needs stuff that college students can afford. Oh, and by the way, college students, by and large, aren't into the puffed-shirt hyperbole that your 55-year-old marketing guy wants you to use...and many (and I mean MANY) are used to seeing teardowns of mainstream phones, tablets, and other gear that includes an estimated manufacturing cost. They ARE comparing that to your products. And if they see something that looks like it could be made for $80 selling for $2500, they have every right to be skeptical. We need more affordable products. And, er, reviewers...we need more reviews of them, too-preferably not done with power cords and interconnects that cost 6x more than the products being reviewed. That is a 100% surefire way to be dismissed by the mainstream."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: JA, I hope you plan on reviewing Schiit Freya, and Vidar very soon. - jtgarrison 07:03:11 01/18/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.