Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: So, DBT audio judgement is more reliable than sighted?

There is much interesting back-and-forth in this thread. And, given that the same arguments have been made ad nauseam for decades, it's unlikely that the status quo will change any time soon. This is partly due to successful marketing on the part of manufacturers who have a vested interest in selling products which bear little resemblance to accurate sound reproduction, and their willing surrogates in the hi-fi promotion media.

Anyway, to your other point, which you may have thought you could slip past some of us, "At the risk of getting political, I will point out that we just elected a president who is a climate change denier. Denial of science as the best means of discovering the nature of reality is a serious problem." No such thing happened. The man acknowledges that the climate is changing, but he simply doesn't believe the pseudo-science and models of the promoters who have a vested stake in being right. Secondly, the often-used and ongoing tactic of labelling a person a "denier" isn't very scientific, but rather goes directly into the political name-calling realm.

Carry on.

And, you might want to look into getting a better spell-checker.

:)

Edits: 01/06/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.