Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

You didn't imply OldSchool a liar? Really?

Old School says "BTW, Stereophile's reviewer continually asked for the sound to be turned up in several rooms."

SoulFood says "LOL! How do you come up with this?"

I ask - this sounds like you are calling Old School a liar. Were you at CAS? Old School comes up with this perhaps because he was in the same room as Jason. I shared ONE room with Jason - the TAD room and he asked for them to turn the volume UP. That's 1 for 1. So it is entirely possible that Old School shared more rooms with him.

Unlike Old School I don't think that matters whether he wants it turned up or not - it gets around hearing competing rooms and given classical music tends to have quieter passages it is perfectly reasonable to ask for higher levels or to hear system's capabilities at higher volumes.

Old School came up with that because he was there - were you?

Old School says "In the smaller Magico room, he got them to raise the volume to the level that blew up the woofer!"

You say "Stop it! :^)"

Again the implication here is clearly that you saying Oldschool is a BSer or making stuff up. Jason Serinus states in show report that he felt he blew up the speaker. I was not there so I don't know the severity of the blow - but I heard a woofer problem in the speaker before the last hours of the show so it was either semi-blown before Jason got there or I went in after him. But if they blew outright then they would not have demoed them anymore.

Old school Says "I could hear the sound from the smaller Magico room 200 feet away. With the door closed!"

You say "Never mind."

I say - "you write off his comments as being made up. Well gee. Clearly the woofer was blown." Now if this speaker at a whopping $26,500 pair is worth it's asking price then I would expect the volume to played at such a ridiculous uber crazy volume level in order to blow the woofer. In other words a volume level that could be heard 200 feet away with the door closed.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.