Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Digression: am I "R", "I", or "A"?

Sean wrote:
>>Why aren't you listed as a "R" ( Reviewer ) or a "I" ( Industry Pro )? If you write about audio related subjects, but don't review gear, that would make you an Industry Professional as you comment on the industry as part of your profession.<<

Good question, Sean. The answer is that I guess I'm not used to thinking of myself as either a reviewer (since I'm not, so far) or an industry pro. I'm still mainly a hobbiest...just a guy who enjoys audio, takes it seriously, tries hard to understand it on a technical level (and has a background in science, which, I like to think, makes that at least possible, though I certainly haven't managed it yet)...who also happens to write (and edit) for a living. The Stereophile gig, much as I value it, is something I do (very seriously) in my free time, once my other professional (and parenting) responsibilities have been met.

That doesn't mean you're wrong, though. Could be that writing about audio part-time (but not reviewing) makes me, for the purposes of this forum, an industry pro. Anyone else care to chime in?

Jim

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Digression: am I "R", "I", or "A"? - Jim Austin 05:38:05 05/25/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.