Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

No, you certainly don't!

Read the Editor's comments and re-read my post. All I was saying was that his arguement "proving" that his reviewers are all non-biased was really a circular argument.

It's like me saying. You know what, I have a lot of friends even though I serve everyone filet mignon and shots of King Louie. How do I know I have a lot of friends? Because they come over all the time and it has nothing to do with what I do for them. Harley is saying that "I know my reviewes must be honest because I can make a phone call and get manufacturers to send me any component that I want. Getting any component I want with a phone call must prove that my always positive reviewers must be honest."

I was simply wondering how many manufacturers would be eager to send products if a significant percentage of them got bad reviews. I wonder how many of my "friends" would continue to visit if I served BigMacs and Pepsis?

And I said that I didnt have a problem with long-term loans. I understand how that could help set a benchmark for the reviewing of other components. I wondered why, if this is so valuable to reviewers providing accurate reviews (which I have no doubt that it is), why the loans are not extended past six months. Why wouldn't the magazine buy the product for the reviewer if it is going to be his reference for 6, 12 or 18 months.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.