Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Re: Ming Da MC3008-AB biasing values schematics

I have this amp too. I love the sound of it, but have had lots of problems. I always had a hum, which was not too bad during the day, but could be quite loud at night. You can read my previous threads about my experience with this amp.

Here is biasing info that I got from the seller in Hong Kong:

" hi just a little chat with mingda on the fone

they told me that there is no need to adjust the bias of the 300b

they know very well about the sofia tube and they response to me and told me it is a tube from TnJ

but pls adjust the bias of the 805 to 100mA"

Also, I have a schematic that I can send you if you email me. I had just bought some Sophia Electric 300bs and some Telefunken and Mullard 12ax7 and 12au7 and had the amp serviced and bias set. After a few days of listening, I started the amp up and heard a loud hum and saw smoke coming out of the tranformer box. So after that I had enough and bought a DK Design amp, which has been trouble free. However, COEM audio actually sent me a new transformer free of charge, so i have that sitting around now and will take it to my technician when I have a chance (he's about an hour away). So I hope to get this amp up and running again, and then decide to keep it or sell it, if I can get it running smoothly.

Good luck with your amp.

Howard

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Ming Da MC3008-AB biasing values schematics - hchilly 06:55:53 04/22/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.