Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Considering A Change In Electronics? Any Recommendations?

System uses JBL 4365 speakers and a pair of Velodyne HGS 12 subwoofers. Recently parted with my Halcro DM8 pre-amp, and my AVM Acoustic amps are in the shop after an unfortunate incident. So I am taking this time to reconsider amplification.

If the JBL stay here I am looking for candidates for new electronics. The Esoteric phono stage and SOTA and Scheu tables stay, as does the DAC.

I am shopping the used market and everything is wide open. Would consider spending about $7K on a pre-amp, and hopefully around the same for amp although I could go to $10K for the end game piece.

Given the JBL like a bit of current, it seems most SET amps don't have the drive for them, although something like a transmitter tube 211/845 might do the job. I was a SET head for a long time, so I am not sure how conventional push/pull tubes work for me. I also wonder about OTL with these speakers.

So anyone have any thoughts?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Considering A Change In Electronics? Any Recommendations? - Mister Pig 10:19:52 04/30/22 (49)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.