Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Parasound A21 VS SST Son of Ampzilla ll

I decided to get a new amp for the main system and put the amp I am using now into the secondary system. Presently I am using an Odyssey Stratos Extreme into a Rogue RP5 tube preamp driving GE Reference Speakers. I am feeling the Odyssey amp maybe holding the rest of the system back.

So that brings me to either the Parasound or the Son of Ampzilla. I already own a Parasound Halo Integrated so I am wondering if the A21 amp would be more of the same. I am looking for a little warmer sounding amp. Which of the two ( and only these two) amps would be warmer sounding? I have read great reviews on both. Back in the mid 70's I had the original Son of Ampzilla and cried the day I sold it. If the Parasound sounds like my Halo but with more power then I think if would go with the new Son of Ampzilla amp
One more thing, l plan on buying one of them this week, which one do you think is better and why? The Son of Ampzilla is 4200 opposed to 2500 for the Parasound. Would this be a sideway move or an advancement?

If you would like to know what the rest of the system contains, you can look it up in the Asylum under stereo5

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the
most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Edits: 08/08/17 08/08/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Parasound A21 VS SST Son of Ampzilla ll - stereo5 17:42:15 08/08/17 (26)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.