Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Quad 33, 303 Upgrade/Repair Servicers

I have both a Quad 33 preamp and 303 amp, which I hadn't tried to use for several years. After a recent move I decided to unbox them and give them a try. Unfortunately I guess I had forgotten that there were problems, specifically I'm not able to get anything from the left channel without a lot of messing with the controls. There is clearly an issue and it may involve both pieces. I tried the 303 alone with another preamp, and while it seems to function to some degree, there is still a problem with a tilt toward the right channel. Using the 33 and 303 together, the problem gets even worse and I can't get much of anything on the left.

Now to my main point: there are several listings on ebay for people who offer upgrade/repair services for these and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend one. Several years ago I had sent the 33 to a guy in suburban Chicago, who did some mods, but after several months the left/right channel imbalance reappeared. (By the way one of those offering their services seems to be in Romania and that's out of the question.)

Thanks for any information.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Quad 33, 303 Upgrade/Repair Servicers - suretyguy 05:23:00 07/20/17 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.