Amp/Preamp Asylum

RE: I don't think you need to do that

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Amp/Preamp Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

Thank you for your replies. They are very much appreciated. I had some ideas about things to try but it sure instills confidence to talk to someone who has tried some of this stuff.

The plan all along has been to make it easy to try either ground referenced or floating referenced servos via jumper setting.

My desire to leave the servos referenced to a floating , non ground node was triggered by these fully balanced/differential op amps, apparently targeted at the audio market, such as the OPA1632.

These parts have integrated servos to set common mode voltage. The app notes suggest common usage being tying the Vocm pin to the ADC reference. To my mind this implies there are must be audio market ADC's out there using external non ground voltage references.

My concern is that if I wanted to use one of these ADC's and I had my front end servos referenced to ground I may exceed the common mode range of my of my output stage under certain large signal swing circumstances.

My thinking was that floating servo references for my front end and an output stage that allows setting common mode voltage (similar to OPA1632 et al) gets me around that problem.

Edits: 06/03/17

Follow Ups: