Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Audionervosa:?

"More Power ?? Dunno..I once tried 200 watters in my 95 db Drivers.. just to follow the Folklore answer the question for myself re; Mo' Power = Gooder."

The point is not that "Mo Power" is always "Gooder". It's a matter of getting over that hump of having truly sufficient power. In my case, with my Tannoys (91dB 6 Ohm) 10wpc - 50wpc does indeed work. But closer to 100wpc really makes them sing. Your setup and requirements do not necessarily match everyone else. And the OP has already alluded to his present amp possibly being under powered. "I do think I run out of steam sometimes."

"I'm thinking that High power amps that genuinely deliver Similar exquisite sounds to a Pure Class A amp.. are in the 6 figure price range."

Another false generalization. Class A amps in and of themselves do not all sound the same. In fact Class A operation does not guarantee exquisite sound. I've owned a number of traditional Class AB amps that sound better than some Class A amps.... and they were no where near the six figure price range.

Edits: 06/18/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Audionervosa:? - AbeCollins 18:16:29 06/18/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.