Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Vertical biamping , better to run bridged instead

Yes many ways to skin the cat..

It is this sharing of PSU Imo is why vertical bi-amping is less of , found the same when designing car audio systems in the 70's the best was always horizontal , even then we played with vertical and horizontial bi - amping. These kind of setups were experimented with extensively , as it was during the time we were designing seperates for auto's and also to the best of knowledge the first subwoofer enclosure system for them (1976 ).

Fosgate (before rockford) Was the first with all in one bi amping setup to my knowledge , (keep three utterly unreliable) this was later exceeded by others using seperate everything including soundstream, Zapco and Audio mobile , Soundstream had decided to use Nelson Pass designed( 84) fully biased class-a amps, ( prolly the best sounding mobile amps ever.)

In our original Bi/ tri-amp setups, we used heils and a lower line used Phillips soft domes for tweeters. ( originally this setup ran (78) with Fosgates) ..

Over the years and many development stages ( Home and studio audio ) along the way we had experimented with every conceivable setup many with bespoke and off the self xovers built for bi-amping and at no time did we find vertical to be superior ..

My 2c ..

Regards

Edits: 05/29/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.