Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Audio Research LS-28 line pre. Just how much better? LOTS BETTER!

I had a very pleasant conversation with a few of you all on this subject a short while back and have some news.

Anyone considering a move from an LS27, which is indeed a very nice preamp I might add that served me very well, into an LS28 yet was concerned as I was that this move might be only marginally better, I am here to tell you the differences are not subtle.

Fantja. Wherever you are. Thank you for your commentary on this. I took my LS27 to a very well respected ARC dealer in my area to compare an afternoon of music in a showdown. The strong trade in value of my LS27 and the immediate sonic improvements that were easily discernible in the newer LS28, in particular areas of complex arrangements being untangled, bass impact and soundstage, amongst many other easily heard improvements , I come humbly to tell anyone considering making this move, the performance of the LS28 is much closer to the Reference 6 than you might think and a substantial move forward over the LS27

A very happy camper indeed !

Thanks to all who chimed in

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.