Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Controlling Volume Remotely/Increasing Volume

To extend your remotes range, there are IR repeaters but I'm not sure how far the range is or if they can be daisy chained.

The best way would be to get a preamp that has Wyfi or an ap to control the preamp via Wyfi, then use a smart phone or tablet for remote.

400 watts is a powerful amp, but not all watts are created equally. 400 watts typically can drive some very inefficient speakers. I suspect the amp is either lower quality and not really putting out that much power, or, perhaps your wiring is not heavy enough for a long run. More efficient speakers would help. In addition, to looking at horns, the rules of physics apply when trying to cover a large area you will need some large drivers. That's why at concerts you see mostly 15" drivers in cabinets along with horns.

You may need to add a bass cabinet to help with the other speakers. you may need an additional power amp for that.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Controlling Volume Remotely/Increasing Volume - Mr Peabody 14:50:52 03/16/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.