Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: St70 !?

The Latino ST70 is in no way a Dyna ST-70 other than the chassis it sits on. The iron is completely different,the power transformer is much beefier as are the output transformers,the driver circuity can be configured to several dual triodes and you have 4 separate bias pots and a pair of AC balance pots.
The circuit board is a glass epoxy type and the traces don't lift when you desolder parts.

The original Dynaco ST70 sold almost 200k units because it was run for almost 20 years.I will agree that there were much better and beefier amps for the same money or less such as the Eico HF87 and HF89,the Knight KB-85,and the HK Citation 5 to name a few.

If you are talking about the original Dynaco ST-70,I agree it is mediocre by comparison to other amps however, just because an amp is built on a Dynaco ST-70 chassis doesn't make it a Dynaco amp.If it uses the Dynaco output trafos which were decent,I suppose you could say it has some Dynaco underpinnings.
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: St70 !? - Michael Samra 09:21:28 03/02/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.