Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: I'm beginning to understand what a good solid state amp sounds like

I've been mostly SS for much of my audiophile life, even though I did like what a few tube preamps did in my various systems over the years. The thought of going to a tube amp dogged me for a long time. Until I got my Coda S12.5, that is. Its sense of texture and liquidity is pretty impressive, not just for the price and not just for SS, but period. It's quite the little amp, IMO. I've owned DarTZeel, BAT, Goldmund, and numerous other heavy hitters, but this thing gets along with my speakers in a way I've rarely heard in my different rooms and systems.

Congrats on finding a great SS match for your rig. In the final equation, no matter the topology or number of digits in its price tag, the component must blend seamlessly into one's system. If it doesn't, regardless of whether it's tube or SS, you'll hear it.
This is a public service announcement . . . WITH GUITARS!!!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I'm beginning to understand what a good solid state amp sounds like - Quint 11:37:19 02/28/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.