Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

ahhh preamp tubes either work, or are noisy.. If your tubes work..

Preamp tubes do not get 'tired' (LOL) MY preamp tubes last over 50,000 hours, 8,760 is one year on 24/7/365. And my last tubes went SIX years being on 24/7/365, which is over 50,000 hours. And then they were just getting a few scratchy noises now and then. Even preamp tubes which are stressed more will last a lot longer than 3,800 hours!
Plus a preamp tube total fail is never a big deal. Unlike some power amp tubes!

Your old tubes might get noisy, but then you can hear them and say, gee, this preamp hums, or whatever..
So IMO the dealer is just wanting to sell some tubes. Or, be certain you do not come back in five months saying it is now making noises.

I would say maybe buy the set of 'spare' tubes.. So if and when the current tubes get noisy, you can immediately replace them.
I would not just replace the tubes for no actual reason

PS: do you have a warranty which allows you to replace the tubes yourself? and/or can you swap tubes yourself without trepidation?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • ahhh preamp tubes either work, or are noisy.. If your tubes work.. - 3+4=5 09:44:55 02/26/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.