Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: What do hear from your Shindo that's better than your Prem. 3? nt

Rick

The first thing I noticed about the Aurieges MM was how quiet it was. I had to put a CD on to make sure it was functioning properly. With that said, it is more transparent than the CJ, putting the "performers in the room" in a more convincing manner. However, both units are very dynamic and musically involving. They both possess the ability sort complexities with ease when called for. Bass....A slight edge may go to the Shindo's tighter bass reproduction. Mids and highs......superb with both, but the Aurieges wins out on refinement and transparency. Yes, it's dead quiet presentation takes it up a level or two in this regard.
So in summary and IMHO, both The Premiere 3 and Aurieges fall into the music lover's category as opposed to the analytical. The Shindo giving me a more modern transparent presentation without taking it to the analytical, fatiguing side of the equation. In other words, they both know how to make music as opposed to splitting sonic hairs. For the record, the Premiere 3 has a light Bill Thalman mod from years ago and has recently been refreshed with all new tube sockets. None of this is in no way to slight the very good PV10, just that I feel the older Premiere units were built to a higher standard, have beefier power supplies and "perhaps" have more potential once updated and restored.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.