Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Is upgrading near "the end" more important than at "the beginning" for a system?

I fall into the camp where Bill is at, speakers vary a lot in sound and probably would make a large difference in sound but the front end is where the overall upgrade is. If your source doesn't lift the information from the disc or LP nothing you can do down stream will allow you to hear that lost information. Keeping mind as already stated, a good recording is a must in the first place. So milk the recording for all it's worth in the source and do your best to maintain it throughout the rest of the system. A lot can be said as well for a good listening room.

So can we say it's a case by case basis in which the system and room needs some analysing for the weakest area, taking into consideration any issue the listener has with the current set up?

One other very important thing is synergy, how well components sound together, at least in my opinion good synergy can sometimes edge out in my system over maybe a stand out piece that you know sounds better but just doesn't seem as pleasing.

And, as some one else stated, be careful, sometimes changing that one piece just sends us off again messing with the whole system. From one addict to another :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.