Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Thinking about biamping

Yes I am biwiring now and with much improved results over the MIT Oracles by them selves. It is the system with the Revel Salon ones, they have been slightly upgraded with a tweeter mod. I also built custom stands that set the cabinets on three heavy cones rather than four puny spikes and heavy aluminum cross members. Also built heavy platforms as the prodigious bass the speakers are capable of was activating the floor, isolating them made for punchier and better defined bass.
I was not considering an active cross over. To answer another responders question, I have listened to the Levinson reference #53's and thought there were fine but somewhat sterile sounding for my tastes, not really what I would call eventful, maybe thats what an amp should sound like, ( very neutral without bringing attention to them selves ). I have considered a sweet tube amp for the upper range but understand that may be harder to get the right match, I would also have to alter my listening habits as I have the system in the middle of the house and listen and leave it on constantly.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.