Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Re: $549 Sound Valves SV-100 JFET preamp... yay or nay?

I had this unit...the price was right, it had speaker a/b switching and it had tone controls...however I noticed a significant loss of transparancy from my Creek passive preamp which was in the circuit before it...I later switched to rebuilt Marantz 7T and am happier now. At that price there are very few options (check out the Creek unit if you can use passive and do not a lot of inputs at $250 it can be a temporary solution while you search), maybe you should go used/vintage...or kit maybe (trancendance)...save up a little longer and something worthy of the McIntosh, I suspect the soundvalves unit will end up on a shelf (as mine did)...I would sell you mine but I live in central america and shipping would be too expensive for you...good luck, tony
*1993 K-Horns w/ ALK x-overs*Marantz 7T preamp*Dynaco MkIV monoblocks*Sony CDP-CX350 and CX-230 CD changers*MSB link DACIII (96k upsampling)*MSB silver digital director*Luxman PD-272 TT*Grado Prestige Red cartridge

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: $549 Sound Valves SV-100 JFET preamp... yay or nay? - sunnysal 10:38:34 09/02/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.