Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Let me make one thing clear

When putting on the DAP, you can't be a slob, but you also can't overly worry.

Even done right, it will look like it's going to be ugly, or dark etc... but if you use care it will turn out OK.

The trick in applying it to the wires is to keep the brush wet by cleaning it after every 2-3 coils with acetone, and to apply a "nice" amount. A "nice" amount is putting the brush in just up to the ferrule and pulling it straight out of the DAP. Don't try to "dig" more. Then apply per the diagram below by not only moving the brush, but slightly turning it as you go to prevent globs. If you just move the brush it will act like a plow and will glob glue in front of it. On top of it the DAP will naturally hang from the brush. That's why you must spin it as you go.

You also don't want to start where the coil and mylar are in contact because it will glob there and you can't get under to make sure it is coated. Starting a bit below halfway, and going to the tip first seemed to work best for me.

Now, of course you don't have to follow my pattern, but you should keep in mind to turn the brush, make sure the tip gets done well, and get as far under the wires where they join the myalr without clumping it. And keep cleaning the brush as you go.

When you do the mylar have the brush much wetter, but also grab more glue, and apply it with quick, long strokes.

In all cases, even if it looks bad, DON'T RE-DO IT. This product does not want to re-apply over itself. Trust me, what you did will work, and it will also look better once it dries and cures.

Doing one side of a panel only took about 15 minutes. It's only marginally anal retentive, and it's over very quickly actually.

It's all about the music...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Let me make one thing clear - Peter Gunn 17:24:20 05/02/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.