Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Sockless wonders

No, no socks yet. I first wanted to make sure all the re coiling was done, and now I am going to upgrade the cap and coil. It will be a while yet until they are dressed.

I don't know, they had the black fabric which is better than the old white stuff magnepan used to use. (which was like a burlap sack) I had to buy some new material not long ago to fix a TV grill for someone and that stuff seems identical to what's on there now, so I don't think a change is needed.

Yeah, I think the SMGa has always been the most highly regarded of the small maggies. I think it's the width. I have never understood why magnepan never experimented more with width, but it appears they don't experiment with much of anything. But that is why I chose this model when I went looking.

After the cap and coil get replaced, I am going to build a solid oak deck, bass wing and butress bar stand for them with brass footings. The metal leg with the assinine "flip" wire angle adjuster is so awful it makes using 3m 77 look appealing.

I'll be doing a write up on the crossover upgrade when that is done as well.

Thanks for the reply, and yes, they do sound really nice, even as is.

It's all about the music...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.