Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Stack a' la Mode

I really appreciate your post but....

We all have an achillies heel, and even though I have a rather high IQ, math and I have never seen eye to eye, especially in regards to anything to do with electricity, amplitude, wavelengths, trig or calculus etc..... I could learn it for a test, but forgot it a week later, entirely.

I plugged my dimensions into that thing, hit enter and sat there mystified. What's worse, I cannot even understand your post. I don't even know what the difference is between a tangential and oblique mode frankly, let alone how to stack them. (Wow, you can stack them?)

I've always relied on common sense and my senses, and will have to keep doing so. I always swore I'd get a book one day and really try to learn the "guts" of this hobby better, but the problem is, I really don't want to. I'd rather be listening, not crunching numbers. Even if the room is not 100%, I've always managed to get it pretty good and ignorance is bliss in this regard for me at least. I have observed that engineers are never happy people. (or rather, should I say satisfied people? : )

I'm already dreading having to do the crossover upgrades to my new maggies. One look at the jargon, the scribbling diagrams electricians call "schematics" with all the crytpic numbers, values and signs, and I don't have a damn clue where to begin. I don't even know what to buy.

Thanks for trying!

It's all about the music...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.